Quantcast

January 14, 2013

OOTD | Down on your knees, you don't look so tall


When I stumbled accross Dreamgirl Stepping Out Little Black Dress while browsing the dresses on EdenFantasys, I must say I was surprised by how nicely it appeared to be made for the price ($34.99), and I knew I had to give it a try because it looked like nothing I already own. Oh and, a girl always need another LBD, right?

I did not really know what to expect from this dress because, well, I have never tried anything from Dreamgirl, the sexy lingerie and costumes company, but having worked in a Halloween store, I know that their costumes are of amazing quality - with Dreamgirl, you really get what you pay for, and let me tell you, their costumes are not cheap!

I placed my order for the Stepping Out Little Black Dress in Small on July 18 (along with a bunch of other stuff that I will be sure to review as well), it was shipped the same day, and I received it on July 30 - a little more than a week, which is OK, but I was so impatient! I also had to pay $25 in customs but I guess it's worth it because my order was worth more than $100.

The dress came nicely folded and wrapped in pink wrapping paper, which surprised me a bit because I have never seen any wrapping paper in any of my previous EdenFantasys order, so maybe it's new? I do think it's a really nice touch though! Made of 90% Polyester and 10% Spandex, I was surprised at how silky the dress felt in my hands when I unwrapped it, and even more when I rushed to try it on!


The Stepping Out Little Black Dress feels so light, silky and stretchy, a bit like a bathing suit, that I almost feel as if I had nothing on, which is absolutely amazing for the hot summer months! Despite this, the dress is not sheer at all. The top is described as a boatneck sleeveless with the right side that is primarily meant to be worn draped off the shoulder but I also tried it with both sleeves up to create a cowlneck, which is equally nice. I have found that when I wear a sleeve of the shoulder, my bra is a bit exposed which is not a big problem for me when going out in the clubs but maybe not office or dinner appropriate.

I absolutely love how the chest area is loose but tighten around the waist to be really form fitting with ruching, which really shows off your curves. A negative point to this is that you will have to find no-line panties or even consider going commando because panty lines will show.  The left side of the dress showcases a lovely ruffle that runs down the waist to your thighs. The back of the dress is plain, but I wish there was ruching instead!

At 5'5'', I was surprised that the dress was not shorter - in fact, it goes to about an inch and a half above my knees, which is longer than what I would normally go for but you could always pull it up higher to create more ruching around the waist area and shorten the dress a bit.

Overall, I have absolutely no complain about this extremely well-made dress, except maybe that it's a bit sad that it is only available in black... and, as I previously mentionned, that I pretty much have no choice but to go commando. I still have to try it on with leggings or jeans for the winter months, but I'm sure it will look just as nice!

 I am sad to report that Dreamgirl Stepping Out Little Black Dress is sadly not available anymore at EdenFantasys ):

Sex toys - EdenFantasys adult toys store

Lyrics are from Viking Death March, by Billy Talent

6 comments:

  1. That's a cute LBD! Perfect for a night out & it does look really well made, the ruching is always flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this dress is so cute , also very flattering on u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quand jai lu que tu avais passé ta commande le 18 juillet, j'pensais que tu allais dire que tu venais de la recevoir hahaha! Ouch ca aurait pris un temps fou ca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! I never heard of this brand, sounds good. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comme toujours, tu es magnifique! Et cette robe te fait comme un gant :) p.s. Tu as amplement raison, on n'a jamais assez de petites robes noires! ;)

    ReplyDelete