Quantcast

September 16, 2011

Mail of the Week (September 12 - 16)


PETA's cruelty-free shopping guide: I've always been on the fence regarding the subject of animal testing, but I'm ashamed to say that I've always been too lazy to properly "attack" the matter. Of course I'm strongly against animal testing - and I thought it was strange for me to be vegetarian but still "support" animal testing. Now that I've successfully made the switch to a strict vegetarian diet, I thought, why not? It has not been hard at all for me to quit meat as I absolutely hated the taste anyway - the hardest part at first was to make sure I had an healthy diet, but there's plenty of resources on the Internet and now I feel so dumb for not going vegetarian sooner!

I decided to order PETA's cruelty-free shopping guide because it was getting pretty annoying to always have to go on the Internet to make sure a product was not tested on animals before buying it. With this guide, everything is easier! I have downloaded the PDF version on my phone and I keep the paper version in my handbag.

With the guide also came interesting papers with more info regarding animal testing and cute stickers. Now of course I won't just throw away the products I have already purchased that are not cruelty-free (that would be stupid and a huge waste of money), but you can be sure I won't repurchase any and from now on, I won't accept products to review that are not cruelty-free.

Seriously, think about it - would you like your cat, dog, rat or rabbit to be trapped in a laboratory with electrodes implanted in their brain and screaming in terror as they have chemical pumped into their stomach? Thinking about this made me cry - what about you?


Kushyfoot products: This package was such a nice surprise after a long day at school! I was recently contacted by a PR firm on behalf of Kushyfoot legwear which I have never heard of before, and I wasn't expecting a package so quickly! Here's what I was very kindly sent:

  • Flats To Go in Black
  • Super Ultra Low Cut Foot Covers in Black
  • Lace Foot Covers in Pink


October 2011 issue of Cosmopolitan


♥Danza Kuduro - Don Omar ft. Lucenzo

16 comments:

  1. As always- a lot of great things:)
    Have a nice weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaby! Thanks for drawing attention to the Cruelty-Free side of beauty <3 I'm way more likely to buy a product when it's got the lil bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same with regards to animal testing, I have some brands that I thought didn't test on animals but do, so I will use them up but not repurchase! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flats to go seems like an interesting product and feet saver on those days when heels are killing 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sarah S. : Me too, but the problem is that a lot of companies that don't test on animals don't have the bunny logo on their products because they haven't signed PETA's list. That makes it even more confusing, that's why I wanted to order the PETA's guide.

    @ Pammy: I've always been interested in those flats to go and I didn't expect to get to try a pair, that was such a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your "Mail of the Week" posts :)!
    Was PETA's shopping guide free?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow those flats tickled my fancy!! i want lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you so much, why would anyone want to use products tested on animals :(
    On the other hand I know how hard it is to find beauty&house hold items that are cruelty free BUT you can always try new things and slowly weed out the bad!!
    I also have that file on my phone now =D
    Those flats sound really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Vintage Makeup : I know right? I've always wanted to try some but I don't think there's some available where I live ): Can't wait to try them!

    @ Nastia : I'm glad you like these posts! Yes the shopping guide is absolutely free, although you can purchase it in PETA's catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like The Body Shop products. They don't test on animal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oui tu as raison, mais c'est le problème avec Gemey et L'oréal :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Kushyfoot packaging. So adorable and retro. I wear heels regularly (being short), but these past few weeks, I've been wearing my flats a lot to work.

    The cupcake keychain sure is cute. Glad Bath & Body is still selling them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those flats to go are genius! I always struggle to stuff a pair of flats in my bag to wear if my heels get too much on a night out, I need some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely an animal lover but I find the whole cruelty topic so confusing. There is truly so much contradictory literature out there that I don't know what to believe any longer...

    ReplyDelete