Quantcast

April 26, 2011

March Empties


Earth Therapeutics Gardener's Hand Repair Protective Conditioner

I got this from Winners for around $7. I thought it was quite pricey at the time, but that it must be worth it as it claims to be a "protective conditioner" and I was looking for a good hand cream to protect my eczema-prone hands when I was working as a gas station attendant. Oh and of course, when I see something labelled "shea butter" or "oatmeal", I can't resists (silly? Yes, I know). But in the end, this product didn't really work for me. The texture is too light, and it didn't really protect my hands from the irritants I had to deal with everyday ( car oil, water, gas, etc).

Repurchase? no

What I'm currently using to replace it: Boots Botanics Body Overnight Hand & Nail Cream

  Burt's Bees Baby Bee Skin Creme

I figured a creme designed for babies could only be good for me... but I was wrong. The texture is quite strange, it's very solid and it's hard to apply on the skin, and it didn't even feel moisturizing. I wasn't fond of the srong scent either. I never thought Burt's Bees could disappoints me one day...


Repurchase? no

What I'm currently using to replace it: Avon Moisture Therapy intensive Treatment Extra Strenght Cream for extra dry skin

  Fruits & Passion Field Berries Foaming Bath

This is total crap. The foam - if there's any foam at all - will only stays for around 10 minutes. At this price, I would have expected a luxurious bath!


Repurchase? no

What I'm currently using to replace it: other bath treats

Naturally Upper Canada Cranberry Moro Orange Foaming Bath Milk

I can't believe this costs $3! Yes it smells great, but it's good for only one use and it does absolutely NOTHING. It doesn't foam at all, you can't even tell there's something in your bath! Glad I got it in a gift package.


Repurchase? no

What I'm currently using to replace it: other bath treats

Cranberry & Pear Bath Soak

I got this in a gift package and totally forgot about it until recently, when I decided it was time to clean up my bath products. It's good for only one use and it doesn't really do something.

Repurchase? no

What I'm currently using to replace it: other bath treats

  Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils (review)

Look at the brush after only 1 month or so of use:




Crap is still a weak word to describe this... thing. It's not completely used up though, but it's all dried up and it's a mess to use. GARBAGE.

Repurchase? no!!!

What I'm currently using to replace it: L'Oréal Voluminous Carbon Black

  Garnier Nutrisse Creme Rich Nourishing Conditioner Cream

It's the conditioner cream that came with the box of Garnier Nutrisse Intense Red Nourishing Colour Cream. It smells great, very fruity. I prefer the Nice 'n Easy conditioners, though.

What I'm currently using to replace it: Alberto VO5 Deep Nourishing Moisture Intensive Mask 3 Minute Mask

  Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

1 down, only 8 more to go LOL! I tend to stock up on these when I find them on sale. Seriously, I love this lipbalm, it's such a staple. It's the first natural lipbalm I have ever tried, and I instantly got hooked! It tends to let me down when the weather is really harsh, but otherwise, it does the job.

Repurchase? yes

What I'm currently using to replace it: Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

  Clobetasol Ointment 0.05% w/w Topical Corticosteroid

This is the only thing that can temporarily get rid of my eczema. It's quite strong and it tends to discolor my skin and makes it thinner, but I couldn't care less, as long as my eczema goes away. Sadly, these's no permanent treatment for eczema, so I have no choice but continue to use it.

Am I the only one who thinks the little deisgn in the red square looks like poo? Yes, I'm that immature LOL.

Repurchase? yes, but I will try the generic version before to see if it works just as well.

What I'm currently using to replace it: Taro-Clobetasol Ointment USP, 0.0% w/w Topical Corticosteroid

  Nivea Express Hydration Body Lotion (sample)

Well there wasn't a lot of product in this so I can't really write an opinion on it, but it's a little too light for my liking.

Repurchase? no

What I'm currently using to replace it: Avon Moisture Therapy intensive Treatment Extra Strenght Cream for extra dry skin

  Nivea Express Hydration Body Lotion (sample)

Hmmm this smells great and it leaves the skin soooo soft! It's a shower cream but it feels more like an oil to me. It feels very moisturizing, I would love to bath in this!

Repurchase? yes

What I'm currently using to replace it: Avon Moisture Therapy intensive Treatment Extra Strenght Cream for extra dry skin

 Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser with orange oil (sample) 

Wow, I can't believe I haven't tried this cleanser before! It's absolutely amazing for my dry and eczema-prone skin as it's non-foaming and oily. You might want to use a toner after use as it tends to leave a film on the skin. I love it as it's so moisturizing. I will buy the full size tube for sure!

Repurchase? yes!!

What I'm currently using to replace it: Mario Badescu Skin Care Enzyme Cleansing Gel (sample size)

TRESemmé Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner (samples)

I didn't really enjoy using those samples. The shampoo didn't leather really well (although I do know a shampoo doesn't need to lather to be effective, it's just my personal preference) and the conditioner was to light for my liking.

Repurchase? no

What I'm currently using to replace it: Nexxus Therappe Luxurious Hydrating Shampoo and Humectress Ultimate Hydrating Conditioner

Kate Somerville CytoCell Dermal Energizing Treatment (sample)

This is supposed to "stimulate stem cell activity and restore the skin with new, energized cells". I can't treally tell as this sample was good for only a week. I don't think I have ever heard of this brand before.

Repurchase? no

What I'm currently using to replace it: -

21 comments:

  1. That's too bad that Burt's Bee's baby cream doesn't work :( Why on earth would it be solid and hard to apply, especially if it's for babies??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one that cut things open, haha! :)

    Good job, I wish I could complete my project pan, but I'm slowly giving up.

    How long does it take you to finish things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so good at using things up. I can't remember the last time I finished something! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have said this before, but I love your "empties-posts". Thanks a lot for taking the time to write them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job at finishing up all those products! I should do something like this so I can push myself to use things up. I have been so bad lately... T.T

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you do these posts. I am shocked about that YSL mascara..wow. Great, honest thoughts on these products Gaby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. On dirait que tu as pas eu beaucoup de chance dernierement avec te empties!

    Moi aussi j'aime bien le revitalisant Nice n Easy, meme si je me colore pas souvent les cheveux, ma mere se les teint et elle me garde toujours les tubes! J'tourve ca bien aussi qu'ils le vende separemment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, you haven't had much luck with products this month have you? I'm surprised that the Burt's Bees moisturiser wasn't any good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol I second vintage makeup! great post!
    xo
    -Shayla

    ReplyDelete
  10. justement le gel douche nivea est en promo chez uniprix 500ml pour 2.99$ moi j'ai eu de la chance la semaine passé j'ai trouvé un coupon de 2$ chez pharmaprix à l'achat de produit nivea , je l'ai utilisé et hop je l'ai eu pour 1$.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many finished products! I haven't even come around to using any of my samples (which probably isn't the best thing..) What a disappointment though that many of them were just so-so products :\ Good thing they were only samples! Can't wait to see how many things you finished this month ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh tu fais de l'eczéma?! Moi aussi... depuis toute petite. :( Je connais les corticostéroides et tout le tralala. En fais-tu beaucoup?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love finishing stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you got through a lot of stuff! LMAO @ the poo logo xD!! btw at first glace, I thought the Fruits & Passion Field Berries Foaming Bath was a light bulb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!

    Thankyou for following my blog. I just followed :)

    http://makeupbydaniela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh lots of no's but i'm glad you liked some of the products! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Susalie @Cherry: That's exactly what I asked to myself. So strange, I can't imagine myself rubbing this on a baby butt. And the smell was overpowering!

    @Vintage Makeup: Yes, my mother told me to cut up things and I'm glad she told me! The only things I seem to use up fast are body lotions/creams/butters as I use a big quantity (all over my body) everyday and sometimes even more than once a day because I have dry skin, and samples because they are so small. There's no secret really, but don't give up!

    @Tass @Amy : I got tired of not using anything up, I don't know, it just bugged me! So I decided that before opening a new product, I had to finish another one.

    @Ninni: I'm glad you like them, I hope they motivate you as much as they motivate me (=

    @Tracy D: Have you seen my review on the YSL mascara? It sucks big times!

    @Ms Bubu: Moi j'accumule tellement de ces tubes là que je les donne presque tous à ma mère et à ma belle soeur ahah!

    @Shayla: Thanks (=

    @beauty combat : 1$? Wow, tu parles d'un bon deal! Je en crois pas avoir déjà acheté des produits Nivea car je les ait toujours trouvé trop chers pour rien. Et puis, j'ai déjà beaucoup trop de gels douches que je dois utiliser d'abord!

    @mandy: I always like to use up samples first, they are so easy to use up, and it motivates me =P

    @Bé: J'en fais beaucoup sur ma main droite, mes doigts sont tout gonflés et "déformés", et j'ai souvent des espèces de boules de pu, c'est pas très beau. Sinon j'en fais sur un doigt de la main gauche mais c'est beaucoup moins pire, et quand je suis stressée, ça sort dans l'intérieur de mes coudes, sur mes bras et à l'arrière de mes genoux. C'est vraiment fatiguant, et à part les crèmes à la cortisone, je n'ai toujours pas trouvé de vrais traitements qui fonctionnent. Je suis découragée )= Toi tu en fais où?

    @bettzy93 : Me too! Such a nice feeling (=

    @Daniela: Thanks hun!

    @Christina Marie : Yes, but it's okay because I have used them up (=

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for empties and thanks for the mini reviews.:D

    I like Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm too, fun packaging and does the job.:D


    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Isabel : I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is funny LOL!

    @Marie : Yes it's great, but I don't like it in the winter )=

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found exactly the same with the YSL mascara!!!! For the price...what! Same with Diorshow, for around £20 I don't expect it to dry up in 3 weeks! Drugstore mascara all the way for me

    ReplyDelete
  21. J'aime tellement ça tes ''Empties of the month'' :) C'est pratiquement mes articles préférés ... même si je dis ça à chaque fois! :P

    Sinon, j'ai hâte de voir la suite de 100 things that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete