December 10, 2014

What Did I Bring With Me In The USA?


Since coming back home from my solo roadtrip in the Maritimes in the middle of October, I have been aching to leave again, and this time, I went even farther - I fled south to escape the snowy winter in Québec!

I left home on November 25, so as you are reading this, I will probably be somewhere in Florida, hopefully enjoying the warm and sunny beaches! Just like my trip in the Maritimes, I am "living" in my car to make my roadtrip budget-friendly as much as possible, and I thought it could be interesting to show you a few essentials I brought with me!


I used various brands of baby wipes in the past and I am so glad I finally had the chance to try Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes, because I am not going back! These are extra large, really fluffy and soft, sturdy, and moist, and the price can't be beat - 900 wipes for $20! I have used plenty during topical steroid withdrawal when I could not bathe or shower, and they were absolute essentials during my trip in the Maritimes too.

I recently got a new piercing and it would have been awkward and messy to clean it in the car with sea salt water like it is usually recommended, but my piercer assured me that Evian Mineral Water Spray would do a great job at that! This product will also come in handy for those days where I won't have access to a shower.

Because of my extremely sensitive skin during topical steroid withdrawal, I could not use my usual deodorants because they would burn and sting my underarms so badly, so I decided to try the 100% natural Deodorant Stones Pure & Natural Crystal Stick, and I will never go back! I was seriously amazed by how well it performed, and I swear I didn't have to re-apply on the second day.

I decided to bring two fragrances for those days when I won't have access to a shower, or just for a little perk me up: my all time favorite Jessica Simpson Fancy Eau de Parfum roll-on and Bath & Body Works Wild Berry Tulips Fragrance Mist.


I have been trying to incorporate coconut oil in my beauty routine since my skin won't tolerate anything else. I have been using it on my lips, my hands and my hair, and I definitely noticed improvement. I absolutely love how it is absorbed so quickly!

Of course, I am also bringing an array of lipbalms that can double up as moisturizers: My Lip Stuff Lemon Drop Cookies Natural Lip BalmEthicBioskin Nourishing and Regenerating Lip CareFigs & Rouge Coco Vanilla 100% Organic Natural Balm, NUXE Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm, and eos Summer Fruit Lip Balm Smooth Sphere.


I didn't want to bring flammable dry shampoos like Batiste (it contains butane and propane) so I packed my big bottle of baby powder and Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo. Baby powder works really well as dry shampoo, and I only tried the Oscar Blandi one a few times but I will probably write a full review about it eventually.

I would like to finish my bottle of Marc Anthony Repairing Macadamia Oil Treatment since I have found that Moroccan Hammam Argan Oil works even better, although it leaves my hair greasy if I use too much. I will probably apply it before going to bed since it gets absorbed during the night, and use the Marc Anthony one on my ends in the morning.


I could use coconut oil as a leave-in treatment but I decided to bring Marc Anthony Regenerating 12 Second Miracle Daily Conditioning Treatment since I need to use up a few hair treatments, and because I love how mess-free it is since it's a spray. It also leaves my hair super silky and smooth. I also brought Shielo Antioxidant Leave-In Protectant since I plan to spend a lot of time on the beach, and I needed something specially formulated to protect my hair from the sun. 

Since I want to pamper my hair to the max with all that sea salt and sun, I made sure to pack Weleda Oat Replenishing Treatment instead of a conditioner. It has a nice thick texture, and it leaves my hair shiny, soft and smooth.

I could not leave without SureThik Women's Formula Vitamins, since I am convinced these supplements helped with my hair growth! I did notice that while taking these vitamins, my nails grow really fast, and since nails and hair are related, I am really curious to see the results on my hair after my 60 days supply.

Please feel free to follow my adventure via my Instagram, and wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. great selection of products i really want to try some weleda products

    This Girl Loves Chic

    Twitter

    Facebook

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah javais pas connaissance que tétais déja partie! C'est quoi ton nouveau piercing? :) En tk passe du bon temps aux USA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an eclectic collection of products. I am pretty curious about the products. Please share your views in time.

    ReplyDelete