Quantcast

December 03, 2014

Project Pan Them All | November Empties


I haven't been posting empties posts lately simply because of topical steroid withdrawal - I thought my skin was getting better so I slowly re-introduced bath products, but I had a flare a few weeks after coming back from my roadtrip in the Maritimes, so I went back to sea salt and baking soda baths and - nothing exciting, really!



I used various brands of baby wipes in the past and I am so glad I finally had the chance to try Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes, because I am not going back! These are extra large, really fluffy and soft, sturdy, and moist, and the price can't be beat - 900 wipes for $20! I have used plenty during topical steroid withdrawal when I could not bathe or shower, and they came in handy during my roadtrip too.

I finally used the last of my LUSH Melting Snowman before my flare, and I think it would be better to stay away from bath products because they are not the safest to use on my sensitive skin, especially since those from LUSH SLS and other nasties. I didn't have any bad reaction with Melting Snowman, and thanks to the cocoa butter it contains, it left my skin incredibly soft and smooth.

I have been taking great care of my hair this year and I recently had the chance to try Hask Macadamia Oil 
Moisturizing Deep Conditioner, which I thought would give me similar results as Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Deep Hydrating Treatment at first, since they both have the same amazingly creamy texture and scent. The Hask treatment seems to perform less effectively at leaving my hair smooth and shiny, but I still enjoy using it. I absolutely hate the packaging though! 


I have been taking Jamieson B12 Vitamins on and off (when I find them on sale) since I went vegetarian about 5 years ago and plant foods do not contain vitamin B12, but I don't absolutely need them since I still eat cheese and yogurt. 

I was curious when i was offered to review Life & Food Garcinia Cambogia Supreme Dietary Supplement, which claims to help suppress the appetite while burning fat. It has also shown to improve blood lipid leves, help reduce fate production, curb emotional eating and help improve mood by raising the "feel good" hormone serotonin. It is clinically proven to block the stress hormone cortisol, too. I took two capsules per day before breakfast and while they didn't suppress my appetite for breakfast, I noticed that I was very slightly less hungry during the day - I already don't eat much, but I noticed I would eat smaller portions and I would not snack as much as usual. I did notice a slight improvement in my energy level though, and this was a big victory in itself for me! While I still felt tired all day (thanks, topical steroid withdrawal!), I felt less lethargic.

I found these Jamieson Multi Gummies with the label "New" on them for only $3.00 at Dollarama and I actually used up two bottles but I threw one away when I was travelling. These gummies are naturally flavoured with cherry, berry and orange, and I thought they tasted weird at first but now I think they are actually pretty good. These retail at $11.99 on Well.ca so I figured out it was quite a good deal!


I bought a bunch of Betty Crocker candles at Giant Tiger a few years ago but I was a bit disappointed since the smell is not as strong as what I would have expected. They were three for $10 though, I guess I can't really complain!

I had a gift card to spend at Apothica a long time ago and I didn't know what to get so I ordered Voluspa Truffle White Cocoa, which was a limited edition fragrance and I thought it would be nice to test an handmade candle. This is claimed to burn for around 45 hour and I was actually surprised at how long it lasted for its average size - it burned even longer than those three wicks Bath & Body Works candles! This retails for around $27 but I was a disappointed that it didn't smell as strong as I expected for this price.

No comments:

Post a Comment