Quantcast

December 01, 2014

Hask Macadamia Oil - Hydrate & Protect


Mmm mmmm, macadamia nuts… You know how macadamia nuts are super delicious but super-high in fat (and thus, calories)? Well, the very thing that makes them not-so-great for your waistline is what makes them oh-so-perfect for your hair: essential fatty acids! Macadamia nuts are loaded with these things that have the uncanny ability to mimic our scalps’ natural oils - it is probably why Macadamia Oil has been a treasured beauty aid in Australia for generations. That’s why Hask chose this rich, ultra-hydrating oil as a featured ingredient in their products. Its abundant nutrients and essential fatty acids help keep hair soft, supple and shiny. Ideal for dry, damaged, or over-processed hair, the miraculous moisturizing effects of Hask Macadamia Oil products will go straight to your head….but not to your waist!

I have been really into hair products this past year since I am trying to grow it out and keep it healthy, but also because I can't use any skincare product on my skin because of topical steroid withdrawal, so I put all my efforts into my hair! I stay away from products containing chemical stuff as much as possible, so I was very excited when I was given the opportunity to try Hask Macadamia Oil products, which are free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, alcohol, and artificial colors.


If you have read the last update of my no 'poo project, you might know that I have been slowly easing into water washing only, so this will probably be the last shampoo review you will see on The Beauty Hippie. When I was still using low poo (sulfate-free) shampoos, I quite liked the Moisturizing Shampoo ($5.99 for 355mL) which gently cleanses while it repairs and adds moisture, leaving even the most parched hair whisper-soft and incredibly shiny. It has a nice somewehat thick texture for a shampoo, and I didn't feel like it stripped my hair. The Moisturizing Conditioner ($5.99 for 355mL) left my hair silky and smooth. Conditioners are never thick enough for me, but this one is great - it really coats my hair with the smallest quantity of product. 


My favorite product of the collection is probably the Hydrating Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment ($2.99 for 50g) - I just love coating my hair in a mask and go on with my day, to reveal smooth and shiny hair after rinsing after a few hours! Since I wash my hair only once a week, I try to replace conditioner with a hair mask/treatment as much as possible. This treatment looks and smell just like cake icing and it has a nice thick texture! As much as I hate the inconvenient and messy package, this is still a great product, although it doesn't beat the shine and smoothness my favorite hair treatment, Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Deep Hydrating Treatment, provides.


The lightweight Revitalizing Shine Hair Treatment ($2.99 for 18mL) is alcohol-free and rich in Omega 7, Vitamin E & Antioxidants. I like to use it on dry hair to help replenish moisture and seal the hair cuticle for added softness to transform dry, damaged hair into soft, silky locks. Once again, this is not the most convenient packaging (a pump bottle would have been less messy),

Hask products are available at Jean-Coutu, London Drug, and ULTA among others for under $10.

Disclaimer: One or more products were sent to me for consideration to review. I am not affiliated with this company and the fact that the products were free absolutely does not influence my opinion.

1 comment: