Quantcast

November 28, 2014

Memebox Superbox #53 My Honey Box


Memebox is currently the #1 beauty box provider in Korea, and arrived in the US and other countries just recently! Superbox was inspired by Memebox lovers, looking for full-sized products catered to specific needs. Each Superbox series comes with its own theme, designed to target particular concerns. Boxes in each Superbox series always contain the same products sourced directly from Korea, and Memebox select only the very best-loved items to bring to you at highly discounted prices.


My last Memebox was Scentbox #5 Tropical Fruits, filled with yummy fruity products, and I was happy to receive a Superbox for the first time a few days ago! Honey is a pretty amazing substance and there is a lot more to it than just a sweet tasting treat. Hailed as the queen of natural beauty enhancers, honey is rich in natural sugars and minerals that work to nourish and repair damaged skin. Its natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties stop bacterial growth and heal infections, while its antioxidant-rich formula creates a youth-preserving veil over the face to protect against wrinkle-causing free radical and improve the skin’s radiance!


Even though I am now mostly healed from topical steroid withdrawal, I prefer to use as few products as I can on my skin since the last time I tried using moisturizer, my skin flared. I was also going through moisturizer withdrawal at the same time as TSW, since I really believe in letting the skin do its own thing, and it is now looking better than it ever did. Maybe someday I will re-introduce skin care products, but for now, I just don't feel the need to use anything more than the absolute basics (natural hair products). That being said, I could not test all of the products in this box, but I still wanted to introduce you to them.


Sheet masks are very popular right now and I know my mother enjoys using them, so I was happy to receive From Nature Multi Effect Collagen Honey Mask (received full size, $1). Containing high concentrates of real honey and collagen extracts, this nourishing Honey Mask delivers deep nutrition and improves skin elasticity by creating a protective moisture barrier over your skin. Plus, this mask is packed with over 9 different herbal ingredients for soothing and brightening up the overall complexion.

I have never heard of a product that needs to be rinsed of the next morning, but I must say I am curious about DAYCELL Essential Honey Lift Massage Cream (received full size, $20), which has a unique honey-like, gooey texture that glides smoothly and absorbs deeply into the skin. The natural honey and collagen complex of the massage cream delivers deep nutrition and firms up the skin elasticity by creating a tight-knit gel network on the skin. Plus, honey actually comes second on the ingredient list! 


Who doesn't enjoy the feeling of peeling off a face mask? MIGABEE Antipollution RE-Peeling (received full size, $37) is a peel-off type of facial pack enriched with natural ingredients renown for nourishing and brightening effects – honey, bee venom, propolis, royal jelly. It will exfoliate dead skin cells, blackheads, and whiteheads and to control excess oil and sebum by maintaining the skin clean and well-balanced.

EDMONG Honeybee Water Cream (received full size, $29) is a fast-absorbing moisturizer which strengths the skin’s natural restorative properties. Enriched with honey extracts, natural spring water, propolis extracts, aloe vera water, hyaluronic acid, and green tea extracts, it’s free of paraben, artificial coloring, mineral oil, benzophenone, BHT, and talc. it can also be used as an overnight sleeping pack!


Mi Click Manuka Honey Treatment (received full size, $5) is probably the only product from this box that I could to use, although I'm not sure about it since I can't find the list of ingredients and I try not to put silicones and other chemicals in my hair. Enriched with high concentrates of honey, this treatment claims to deliver deep nourishment, repair damaged ends, provide an intensive protein care to your dry hair, renew damaged cuticles, and restore silky gloss to your hair - sounds very promising! I wish it has a thicker texture though, since I imagine I would need to use a lot of product to be able to properly coat my hair.

Enriched with honey extracts, snail mucus extracts (!!!), grape seed oil, shea butter, and many more naturally-derived nutrients, Pure Smile Honey Snail Lip Treatment (received full size, $5) moisturizes, nourishes and protects dry, chapped lips. Since The Beauty Hippie is a cruelty-free beauty blog, I would not usually feature a product containing animal ingredients in it - snail mucus, really?! - if I had not received it in a Memebox. I already gave it away though, I would never use that!

I absolutely love the vintage packaging of Enesti Apple & Honey Shea butter Hand Cream (received full size, $5), which is a heavily nourishing honey and vitamin-rich apple hand cream that moisturize, purify, and firm up dry hands. I really want to use this but since I can't find the ingredient list, I would rather not risk triggering another flare.

Overall, this was an interesting box, since all of the products included were totally new to me and they were all full size, and another great thing with Memebox is that it is not a subscription service, which I have never been a fan of. The only little negative thing I would have to say is that I wish Memebox included the ingredients list of all the products included on the card, since most of the time, almost everything on the label is written in Korean.

Memebox Scentbox is available for $29 + $6.99 shipping, and they ship to 45 countries. Memebox carries 4 main types of beauty boxes: Memebox, Memebox Special Editions, Superbox and Luckybox. In addition to the box series, they also carry full-size, Korean beauty products in the Memeshop.

Disclaimer: One or more products were sent to me for consideration to review. I am not affiliated with this company and the fact that the products were free absolutely does not influence my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Je ne connaissais pas du tout cette box! merci pour la découverte! :)

    www.creetavie.net

    ReplyDelete