November 05, 2014

Memebox Scentbox #5 Tropical Fruits


Memebox is currently the #1 beauty box provider in Korea, and arrived in the US and other countries just recently! Memebox strives to bring you only the most trusted, best-loved Korean beauty products at everyday prices. Find your signature scent with Memebox Scentbox which includes 3 to 4 beauty products (full products and deluxe samples) at the mere price of $15!


To date, my two favorite Memebox are the Whole Grain Box and the Cacao Box, but I am always very excited to be sent another Memebox! My last article was about the 2014 K-Beauty Wrap-Up No.1, and this time, I was happy to receive a Scentbox for the first time; Scentbox #5 Tropical Fruits! Scentbox is an assortment of beauty items that correlates with our box by box scent themes to bring you a trulyscent-sational experience. This Tropical Fruits Scentbox is full of fresh and light tropical fruit scented beauty goodies that are great for causal days under the sun, or from sweet, sensual and alluring fruity beauty treats that are perfect for a summer romance or a glamorous night out!


Even though I am now mostly healed from topical steroid withdrawal, I prefer to use as few products as I can on my skin since the last time I tried using moisturizer, my skin flared. I was also going through moisturizer withdrawal at the same time as TSW, since I really believe in letting the skin do its own thing, and it is now looking better than it ever did. Maybe someday I will re-introduce skin care products, but for now, I just don't feel the need to use anything more than the absolute basics (natural hair products). That being said, I could not test all of the products in this box, but I still wanted to introduce you to them.


Even though I can't use them and I will probably never use them again, I always get excited about body washes for some reason, and Evas Papaya Vitamin Body Wash (received full size, $6) is no exception! It contains naturally derived fruit extracts that work to soothe and rejuvenate tired, stress-out skin. Included in this Memebox was one of the six fragrances available, Papaya, Pomegranate, Orange, Lemon, Grape, and Strawberry, and I like how it is a mild and not overly chemical scent.

Because of my dry, sensitive, irritated and eczema-prone skin, I gave up traditional face washes for cleansing waters a few years ago, but more recently, with topical steroid withdrawal, I simply stopped washing my face all together. No, not even with water, because my face would always be left even drier and itchy, since I can't use moisturizer. That being said, I was not too excited to see Ladykin Twinklight Soft Foam Cleansing Kiwi (received full size, $10), which deeply purifies and pampers skin, infusing delicate nourishment with natural fruit extracts.This formula is full of youth-restoring antioxidants to strengthen skin, vitamin C to brighten, firm, soothe and nourish the skin.

In my opinion, the most interesting product included in this Scentbox is the Boutique Bebe Coconut Pack (received full size, $20), which is like nothing I have seen before! Entirely made from all-natural extra virgin coconut oil, this Coconut Pack is a solid, soap-like facial pack for deep cleansing, treating enlarged pores, and improving skin elasticity and firmness. My skin is still too sensitive even for coconut oil, but I was kind of sad to notice on the ingredients list that there was tons of additives, so I decided to give it away to a friend who is a huge fan of anything coconut! Oh and it does smell like real coconut, not cheap chemical.


The cute vintage packaging of KONAD Niju Mango Moisture Hand Cream (received full size, $6) instantly caught my attention, and this hand cream smells just like juicy mangoes! Too bad that it contains mineral oil, petrolatum, dimethicone and all of those chemicals, for only 0.1% of mango fruit extract... not to mention it also contains fragrance. Organic argan oil, shea butter, olive oil and vitamin E are also far down the ingredients list.

KONAD Scented Polish (received full size, $6) seems like a fun product I could actually try! I think I was randomly sent Grapefruit (the name is not on the bottle) among various tropical fragrances, Kiwi, Lychee, Orange and Pineapple. The nail polish will start to smell after it has been completely dried, and is said to last up to 7 days after application!

Overall, this was an interesting box, since all of the products included were totally new to me and they were all full size, and another great thing with Memebox is that it is not a subscription service, which I have never been a fan of. The only little negative thing I would have to say is that I wish Memebox included the ingredients list on all the products included on the card, since most of the time, almost everything on the label is written in Korean.

Memebox Scentbox is available for $15 + $6.99 shipping, and they ship to 45 countries. Memebox carries 4 main types of beauty boxes: Memebox, Memebox Special Editions, Superbox and Luckybox. In addition to the box series, they also carry full-size, Korean beauty products in the Memeshop.

Disclaimer: One or more products were sent to me for consideration to review. I am not affiliated with this company and the fact that the products were free absolutely does not influence my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment