October 20, 2014

Project Burgundy Hair | Revlon ColorSilk in Burgundy 48


I can't remember the last time I posted an update of my Project Burgundy Hair, but I have not given up on finding - and achieving! - my perfect hair shade! 

While going through topical steroid withdrawal, I went a few months without coloring my hair, and I even contemplated letting my hair go back to its original color... But when I started feeling better, I thought I needed a change, and something that would remind me that I was one step closer to healing, so I caved in! I had an old box of Garnier HerbaShine in some purplish shade that I received as a gift so I decided to use it, and it reminded me why I loved burgundy hair so much! It was really close to the perfect burgundy I have been looking for (I prefer it to be on the purple side than on the red side) but it was semi-permanent and Garnier tests on animals. Then I left for the Maritimes and couldn't care less about what my hair would look like, so of course, it eventually went back to that dreaded red-brown/rust shade, and now that I am back home from my trip to the Maritimes, I have time to take care of it.

I know I already wrote about Revlon ColorSilk in Burgundy 48 back in 2012, when I found a few boxes in the United States, since it was not available in Canada back then, but I was very surprised to find it in Dollarama for $3 recently (probably because they have updated the packaging) so I figured out I would write an update!


L - R: before and after, with flash (outdoors)

L - R: before and after, with flash (outdoors)

It's always hard to take pictures of this kind of shade since it always look different in various lighting - see how both "before" pictures look much different?! In the second comparison picture, the only difference I notice is that on the right my hair is clean and appears more vibrant. I didn't even bother to take pictures in natural light since there would simply appear to be no difference at all.


results with flash (outdoors)


Even though I knew what to expect from this hair dye, I am always quite a bit disappointed when my hair comes out redder and less purple than what is pictured on the box - I keep expecting a vibrant purplish shade! I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures but after dying it, my hair appears only slightly darker and shinier and the biggest difference to me is the roots. Of course, their UV Defense feature is bullshit since this hair dye fades as fast as the others I have tried, but I now wash my hair about every five days so I am able to keep the color vibrant longer. I am still happy with the results for a $3 hair dye, and it gives me a good base to keep "building up" the burgundy in my hair.

8 comments:

  1. Cest une belle couleur jtrouve, meme si cest pas assez mauve a ton gout. Ca doit faire ressortir tes yeux! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On me dit que les couleurs avec du rouge sont celles qui me vont le mieux car elles font ressortir mon teint (j'ai le teint chaud) et mes yeux, alors que le mauve est un ton froid.

      Delete
  2. C'est trop beau ! J'adore cette couleur !
    J'espère que tu trouveras celle que tu cherches quand même.

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried Revlon before (different shade), and the shade it says in the box didn't turned out to be the same with my hair. :(
    You have a beautiful hair though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh well it's always like that for me so I don't understand why I never get used to it ahah

      Delete
  4. Ça me donne le goût de me faire une teinture hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh c'est un beau compliment ça ahahah (:

      Delete