Quantcast

October 17, 2014

Memebox Special #22 2014 K-Beauty Wrap-Up No.1


Memebox is currently the #1 beauty box provider in Korea, and arrived in the US and other countries just recently! Memebox strives to bring you only the most trusted, best-loved Korean beauty products at everyday prices. Memebox special edition is designed to meet the various concerns, beauty trends, and also seasonal needs. It comes packaged with 4-8 full-size products and delux samples under its own theme.


Since I was really happy with my Whole Grain Box and my Cacao Box, I was very excited to be sent another Memebox! Memebox 2014 K-Beauty Wrap-Up No.1 is one of Memebox Special Editions which curated for special themes with best K-beatuy items. This beauty box is loaded with only buzz-worthy K-Beauty skincare staples, makeup must-haves, hair and body essentials, and other beauty breakthroughs that were the hallmark of K-Beauty in 2014.


Even though I am now mostly healed from topical steroid withdrawal, I prefer to use as few products as I can on my skin since the last time I tried using moisturizer, my skin flared. I was also going through moisturizer withdrawal at the same time as TSW, since I really believe in letting the skin do its own thing, and it is now looking better than it ever did. Maybe someday I will re-introduce skin care products, but for now, I just don't feel the need to use anything more than the absolute basics (natural hair products). That being said, I could not test all of the products in this box, but I still wanted to introduce you to them.

The product that is almost double the value of the box and that is probably the most interesting to me (even though I can't use it) is OSEQUE Dual Sun Block SPF 50 (received full size, $46). It is a mild sunblock enriched with various naturally-derived ingredients and suitable for all family members. What makes it so interesting to me is its distinctive feature - a spray-type on one end and a cream-type on the other end! 

The packaging of Secret Nature From Jeju Cream (received full size, $31) instantly caught my attention - it feels so luxurious and would look gorgeous on any vanity. Made from pesticide-free organic broccoli, aloe vera leaf, asparagus, and carrot extracts from the Jeju Islands, this cream is extremely gentle and deeply nourish and create a protective moisture layer over your skin for a more radiant and glowing complexion.

According to the card included in this Memebox, The Skin House Dr. Clear Magic Stick Roll (received full size, $22) appears to be a roll-on spot treatment, and it just says to apply over troublesome spots on your face - but is it for blemishes? Redness? Hmmm...

My lips have not yet completely recovered from TSW but I was very curious about RiRe Lip Manicure (received full size, $18) so I had my mother try it! Lip Manicure refers to 7 different vivid lip colors similar to nail manicures in terms of  radiance and long-lasting finish. They also claim to be totally waterproof and to not wear off when you eat, drink or talk. The shade I received is labelled as "Deep Plum" although it looks more like "Rich Raspberry" to me, but it is insanely pigmented, matte, and it did last a long time on my mother's lips even though she drank tea all morning!

I was excited to receive W.HOLIC Roll On Perfume (received full size, $21) since I have been able to use perfumes directly on my skin again, and I was happy to read that it is free of any alcohol and other chemicals - W.HOLIC fragrance oils consist of only fruits and other natural ingredients that won't irrtate the skin. The name of the fragrance I received was not written on the box or the roll-on but I really don't like it!

The last product included in this Memebox was another fragrance - Secret Keys Body & Dress Perfume Mist (received full size, $10). This Perfume Mist comes in 7 different fragrances, from musk, citrus to floral and fruity, which can be sprayed on your body, hair and clothes. Again, I could not pinpoint which fragrance I have been sent, but it is very subtle and neutral, and it reminds me of something flowery.

Overall, this was an interesting box, since all of the products included were totally new to me and they were all full size, and another great thing with Memebox is that it is not a subscription service, which I have never been a fan of. The only little negative thing I would have to say is that Memebox could have included a hair product in this box, instead of a second perfume. Also, I was able to find the ingredients list of only two products, since almost everything is written in Korean.

Memebox is available for $23 + $6.99 shipping, and they ship to 45 countries. Memebox carries 4 main types of beauty boxes: Memebox, Memebox Special Editions, Superbox and Luckybox. In addition to the box series, they also carry full-size, Korean beauty products in the Memeshop.

Disclaimer: One or more products were sent to me for consideration to review. I am not affiliated with this company and the fact that the products were free absolutely does not influence my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. aww such a cute memebox! Very cute packaging ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been very impressed with memebox so far :)

    ReplyDelete