September 05, 2014

Weleda Salt Toothpaste - Natural Protection For The Teeth and Gums


I have always been curious about natural oral care alternatives, although I must say I was sceptical as well! I like to stay away from chemicals as much as possible, especially when it comes to my health products, and traditional toothpastes are full of them (fluoride, triclosan, and sodium lauryl sulfate, just to name a few). You have probably all heard about the option to make your own toothpaste with baking soda, but that didn't work as well as I would have liked for me, so when I was given the opportunity to try Weleda Salt Toothpaste, I could not say no!

Developed with the cooperation of European dentists long before baking soda toothpastes became trendy, Weleda's unique formula includes sea salt to create a powerful natural cleanser and whitener for your teeth. Your gums are purified and stimulated by organic blackthorn flower extract. The gently effective disinfectant in the soothing myrrh extract and the astringent properties of organic ratanhia are proven healthcare secrets from ancient cultures that naturally clean and tone your modern mouth.


This toothpaste definitely takes some getting use to, but once you get there, you probably won't go back to the traditional drugstore toothpastes. Weleda Salt Toothpaste is brownish, it doesn't foam, it is quite grainy, and yes, it does taste salthy, although there is an hint of peppermint to balance the salt and leave your mouth fresh. Let me tell you, my teeth have never, ever felt this clean! You know that feeling after your dentist's appointment, when you can't stop running your tongue over your pearly whites because they just feel so polished? Well this is what you get with Weleda Salt Toothpaste. I didn't even feel the need to reach for my mouthwash because my mouth feels so fresh and squeaky clean! I tried using my old Crest toothpaste when I used up my sample - yuck!

In Canada, Weleda Salt Toothpaste is available for around $3 for 0.34 FL OZ (travel size) and $8 for 2.5 FL OZ in natural health stores such as La Moisson, Le Naturiste and Rachelle Bery, and at Well.ca.

Disclaimer: One or more products were sent to me for consideration to review. I am not affiliated with this company and the fact that the products were free absolutely does not influence my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. J'avais pas remarqué que Weleda faisait des dentifrices! Moi j'aime bien le Dr Organic, jpense pas quil est en vente au Canada, mais jen ai acheté quand j'étais a Londres. Les dents restent fraiches tellement plus longtemps qu'avec une pate a dent ordinaire! Va falloir j'essaye ton alternative quand mon tube va etre fini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moi aussi c'est ma préférée ! Sorry, I think you understand french too ? Anyway, I was so impress by the cleaning and the fresh breathe during all night long with this toothpaste. Whitening Is not so bad too. It's not easy to find a good taste with natural toothpaste. But whitening Is more easy than drugstore brand. I like Tom's of Maine too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds quite good. Thanks for the review. After having baby I am trying to switch to a healthier lifestyle, trying organic products and so on, so this toothpaste is something I want to try as well :)

    ReplyDelete