Quantcast

September 15, 2014

Shopping | Well.ca


I am a bit late with this but in my early months of topical steroid withdrawal, I absolutely could not go out of the house since I had not even the energy to get out of my bed, but also because I was in too much pain and I also looked horrible - maybe when I will be healed, I will finally have the courage to post pictures! So when I found myself needing a few items, I turned to online shopping. Well.ca used to offer free shipping to Canada but for some reason, not anymore - shipping is free with $25.00 or more and I knew my order would be more than that, so I took advantage of it.

I purchased my first DivaCup in February 2011 so I thought it was time for a new one. For those who don't know about this genius invention, you should definitely do your part for the environement and look into it! Diva Cup is a reusable menstrual cup, collecting rather than absorbing your menstrual flow, offering 12 hour leak-free protection. I have heard all sort of excuses to not give this a try, but really, as with everything, you do get used to it. This is usually cheaper online, although Well.ca does not offer the cheapest price ($33.99), but I figured that with the free shipping, it was worth it.

Because of my extremely sensitive skin during topical steroid withdrawal, I could not use my usual deodorants because they would burn and sting my underarms so badly, so thanks to the super helpful people in the Facebook support group, I decided to look into natural crystal deodorants. I remember trying one of these younger and not being amazed by it, but who knows, our body change when we grow up! I bought Deodorant Stones Pure & Natural Crystal Stick, made from crystallized natural mineral salts which kill odor causing bacteria. It provides 24h protection - I swear I didn't have to re-apply on the second day! - and it is guaranteed to last one year - all of this for only $4.99!

Since beginning topical steroid withdrawal, I always had problems falling asleep and staying asleep, and absolutely nothing would help. Without really believing in them, I started looking into natural sleep aids and since I usually go with Jamieson for my supplement needs, I figured I would give a try to Jamieson Relax & Sleep ($9.99). This herbal formula is used for the relief of insomnia and the reduction of nervous tension and anxiety. Formulated using a blend of four gentle herbs — valerian, hops, passion flower and catnip — it promotes restful sleep and reduces anxiety without the risk of becoming habit forming. As I thought, this didn't help me at all, but I will continue to use it to see if things change.

Well.ca has a great shipping service. I placed my order on April 24 and it was processed the same day and shipped the day after! I also received it very quickly - in less than a week. They also included a small sample of Natural Calm Magnesium Citrate Powder, which I have yet to try.

1 comment:

  1. J'aime bcp ma Diva Cup! Au risque detre trop TMI, je l'utilise plus bcp car ca coule pas assez a cause de mon PCOS, mais si j'avais des regles normales et regulieres, ca serait fantastique!

    ReplyDelete