September 12, 2014

I Love... Is Expanding Its Reach Within Canada


I Love... is an exciting bath and beauty line that prides itself in providing high quality, affordable and delicious products. Their products boast paraben-free, skin-friendly formulations with natural additives, and comes in a variety of yummy fragrances. Along with bath gels and lotions, the line includes exfoliating scrubs and fruity spritzers.

I have reviewed a couple of I Love... Strawberries & Milkshake products on Gaby's Beauty Blog a while ago, and I can't honestly say I have been blown away by them - I was rather disappointed. I can't use anything on my skin at the moment because of topical steroid withdrawal so I could not test these products I received recently, but I doubt the formula has been improved. 

The shower gel does smell great - although a really fake fragrance - but is so runny and liquidy, and also, I had to use a crazy amount of product to get the tiniest amount of foam, not to mention that the foam disappears super quickly once I start rubbing the shower gel on my skin. I also tried it as a bubble bath and I guess it does perform average - it produces cheap foam, which disappears after around 10 minutes. I Love... claims their products are skin-friendly and while Strawberries & Cream Bubble Bath & Shower Crème ($9.99 for 500mL) is soap free, paraben free and pH balanced, it does contain various sulfates, and the so-called natural extract of strawberry is found near the bottom of the ingredient list.

I was not impressed but the body butter I tried a while ago neither. It not what I would call a proper "butter" because it has a light whipped texture, but it does spread easily on the skin and it is absorbed quickly though. While it does moisturize, it was just not enough for my parched and irritated skin and when I applied this product at night after showering, I found my skin itching in the morning and I needed to apply another moisturizer. I Love... products are supposed to be paraben-free but methylparaben and ethylparaben are present in the ingredients list of the Raspberry & Blackberry Nourishing Body Butter ($9.99 for 200mL), as well as mineral oil and dimethicone - these are not things I would use on my skin, even when I will be healed!

The brand will be expanding its reach within Canada and soon a wide range will be exclusively available in all Shoppers Drugs Mart across Canada.

Disclaimer: One or more products were sent to me for consideration to review. I am not affiliated with this company and the fact that the products were free absolutely does not influence my opinion. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a blackberry lotion from this brand and it's pretty good, but I agree - nothing too special.

    - aly

    ReplyDelete