August 11, 2014

Project Pan Them All | July Empties


Because of topical steroid withdrawal, my project Pan Them All has obviously slowed down since I still can't use any skincare and makeup product, but I managed to use up a few candles this past month, since most of my nights are spent in front of my computer, streaming TV shows and movies. I am slowly getting better though, but I still have to manage my energy since my whole internal system is screwed, which is why I'm not out and about as usual.

I always tend to buy more candles in the winter as my favorite scents are those that smell like dessert!, and I always take so long before using them up! I used up Winter Candy Apple and Frosted Cupcake from Slatkin & Co, and Vanilla Cookie which I found at Walmart. The one from Walmart doesn't even look like it's finished, because it's a cheap candle that doesn't burn evenly, altough the fragrance is delicious and it does scent the whole room, even though it's not even light! The ones from Bath & Body Works are really pricey for candles but at least they burn for a long time and they burn evenly.

I decided to have only one bath on a cold night - I didn't have a bath since a few months because the last one I had during topical steroid withdrawal made me itch so much, I clawed myself raw! - and I even dared to try using LUSH Ceridwen's Cauldron, which is one of the very few LUSH products that don't contain SLS. Made with whole oats and cocoa butter, this left my body really soft without making it flare!

eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm in Honeysuckle Honeydew is one of the only lipbalm I could use on my lips during topical steroid withdrawal without making them flare. The consistency is perfect and I can actually feel the product on my lips, which is great since I know they are being properly protected. I don't feel the need to constantly re-apply this lip balm, even though it sure does not last all day and it is probably not the most moisturizing lip balm I have tried, but it does work well. 

I used this Calgon Cotton Candy Body Mist to freshen up my bed sheets since I can't use anything on my body - fragrances are the worst since the alcohol stings my skin - and while the scent does not last long, it's still a nice pick me up.

1 comment:

  1. Moi aussi j'préfere les chandelle sucrée de type vanille et gateau. J'ai entendu parler d'un truc pour les chandelles qui brulent pas égale, jsuis en train de le tester et j'vais reporter sur le blog si cest pas pire! :)

    ReplyDelete