Quantcast

August 15, 2014

OOTD | But when I play I never stay


I am very excited to share this very simple outfit post because I finally got to take some proper pictures of my current favorite piece of clothing! I am new to romper/playsuit and I don't know why I did not get one earlier - to be honest, I was afraid it would not fit my body type since I have seen a few on people that just looked... awkward. When I saw this one on ROMWE though, I instantly fell in love with the design and I decided that it was it, I would take the plundge and buy my first ever romper!



Taking these pictures was fun but I did not time myself properly - these were taken at around 5:30 PM on a really hot and humid day, and the sun was shining strong! Because of topical steroid withdrawal, my body has trouble regulating temperature so when it is hot for a normal functioning person, it means I am dying from heat - and I am not even kidding! The humidity makes me itch like crazy, and people going through TSW are basically allergic to their own sweat... so you can imagine how I feel! These days, it is just so unbearable for me that I can't even read outside in the shade. After shooting a couple of pictures, rushing back inside in the cool AC was a big relief!


I have to be careful when choosing clothes, since if they trap heat and humidity, it means I will itch and be super uncomfortable - this is why I am so in love with this romper! Made of polyester, it fits comfortably, it is sleeveless with adjustable shoulder straps, and it also has an elastic waist - I almost feel like I am wearing a pajama! Oh, and I love the pockets too!

I usually wear Small for tops and this romper is a perfect fit for me, although I have found it to be a bit smaller compared to the other itemsin the same size I have ordered from ROMWE, so if you are unsure, I would recommend going a size up.


In my hair, you can notice a remnant of Garnier Herbashine. I have had this in a purplish shade - which I can't remember the name but I can't seem to find it on their website - laying around for a few years now (?!) so when I was feeling better to get out of the house more about two months ago, I decided I would try dying my hair with this since it's ammonia-free and non permanent (I wanted to minime the risk of a flare on my scalp). The result was really dark hair with a deep purple-red/plum tinge which intensified after a few washes, and it just recently started fading to this dreaded rusty-red color. This made my hair incredibly soft and shiny, but I won't repurchase because it is not cruelty-free.

Lyrics are from Runaway Baby, by Bruno Mars

16 comments:

  1. Very envious of your figure, I could never wear something like that. Hopefully you get some cooler weather so that you are more comfrtable soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how much I love it! I can feel the colder weather already, I love it! x

      Delete
  2. Pfiut pfiut, tu es magnifique! (comme toujours d'ailleurs!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this on you! The print is so pretty too :) hope the weather cools down a bit so you're not so uncomfortable :( x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. TSW sounds horrible, but you look damn cute! I love the look of a romper on you and I'm so jealous. I haven't found one for me yet. I look silly in all the ones I've tried on so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, although I've been kind of enjoying a nice break for a few months now. Thank you! x

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute dress! I love it on you.. You have the body to carry it off perfectly! :-)

    Divya | TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a romper but thanks so much! x

      Delete