August 01, 2014

Memebox Special #6 Whole Grain


Memebox is currently the #1 beauty box provider in Korea, and arrived in the US and other countries just recently! Memebox strives to bring you only the most trusted, best-loved Korean beauty products at everyday prices. Memebox special edition is designed to meet the various concerns, beauty trends, and also seasonal needs. It comes packaged with 4-8 full-size products and delux samples under its own theme. 



I was very excited to be sent Memebox Whole Grain Box, which contains products that are made of extracts of whole grains, since I try to stay away from chemical beauty products as much as possible. Memebox Whole Grain is one of Memebox Special Editions which curated for special themes with best K-beatuy items. Rich in vitamins A and E, whole grains are full of antioxidants that promote cell respiration and also stimulate the production of anti-inflammatory compounds, slowing down the aging process. 


Included in the box was also an assorment of Purederm products. The Anti-Stress Heat Therapy Mask Oatmeal (received full size, $12) relaxes your pores to open them up instantly so that it could remove any residues clogged up inside and deliver deep nourishment and moisture into your skin. High concentrates of oatmeal extracts, jasmine extracts, cactus extracts, and honey help improve your skin elasticity and the overall complexion. I think heating face masks are interesting to use, so I can't wait to be done with topical steroid withdrawal to be able to try it!

I am a sucker for handmade products, and Grinif Nature Oatmeal Scrub Bar (received full size, $9) is 100% organic as well! This cleansing bar is literally packed with natural ingredients such as oatmeal, rice bran, mung beans, red beans, shea butter, jojoba oil, etc. It's extremely gentle and it also works to nourish and moisturize as well as deeply cleanse your skin!

At first sight, I thought Herbclinic Rice Bran Powder (received full size, $8) was actually an edible rice powder, but it is meant to be mixed with milk or any other liquid/gel-type natural ingredient to create the mask pack. It will deliver intense nourishment and instant revival to your skin after a tiring day! You’ll be able to feel a visible difference the next morning. I am very curious about this since I am not familiar with rice bran powder.


I was wondering what Purebess Galactomyces 100% (received full size, $15) was as I have never heard of Galactomyces before, but after a bit of research, I discovered that it is an ingredient in a few of the pricey SK-II products. The product I received is actually 100% concentrate of galactomyces, which works not only to lock in moisture within your skin but also to rid of any residues piled up in your pores and remove any signs of fine lines along your contours. The consistency is the same as water so it is a bit awkward to use, which makes me wonder if it could be mixed with another skincare product?

Included in the Whole Grain Memebox was also another Galactomyces-based product, Purebess Galactomyces 80 Eye Cream (received full size, $20), which is super inexpensive for such a super big tube of eye cream!


I also received two other Purederm masks, Rice Bran Collagen Mask (received full size, $5 for 2) which is a 100% natural pulp mask rich in rice bran extracts, plant collagen, and vitamin E, and Daily Moisturizing Hand Mask Oatmeal (received full size, $7), enriched with oatmeal to deeply moisturize and nourish your tired, coarse hands. I have never used a sheet mask or a hand mask, so this will be another first time for me!

The last Purederm product is the Invigorating Foot Scrub Walnut (received full size, $4), which is a blend of walnut shells and apricot seeds that work together to gently exfoliate and soften rough, dry and calloused skin on your feet. This natural fiber scrub is also ideal to be used on elbows and knees. Almond, aloe, and lavender extracts also deliver deep nutrition and soothing effect to your feet.

Overall, I must say I was pretty pleased with this Memebox, and I am not usually a big fan of beauty boxes! A lot of the products in this box were totally new to me, and I am very glad that they are natural - and did I mentionned they were all full size? The only little negative thing I would have to say is that Memebox could have included a hair product in this already great box since there are products for every part of the body, but I am still very happy with the content. 

Another great thing with Memebox is that it is not a subscription service, which I have never been a fan of - are you familiar with what happened with GLYMM? And have you read my post about my awful experience with Julep Maven?

Memebox is available for $23 + $6.99 shipping, and they ship to 45 countries. Memebox carries 4 main types of beauty boxes: Memebox, Memebox Special Editions, Superbox and Luckybox. In addition to the box series, they also carry full-size, Korean beauty products in the Memeshop.

Disclaimer: One or more products were sent to me for consideration to review. I am not affiliated with this company and the fact that the products were free absolutely does not influence my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. such a pretty box! I would love to get one <3

    ReplyDelete