Quantcast

July 02, 2014

Shopping | Dollarama


On a rainy day recently, I decided I was overdue for a trip to my nearest Dollarama - OK, the only thing I really needed was baby wipes, but how can you not have a look around while you are there? I did find a few interesting things!

I was surprised to find a Mason jar mug ($1.25) at Dollarama for such a low price! This item can be found almost everywhere for around $10 - total bargain! Can't wait to enjoy a refreshing Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat out of it on a sunny day!

This smiley face mug ($3.00) is amazing! I prefer big mugs over regular cups, but I never expected to find such a ginormous mug - with a smiley face on top of that!  I had never seen something like this before - how could I resist? Other smileys such as ;-p and :-x were also available in various colors.

I had never tried a paddle brush before and after hearing about the benefits of a bamboo hairbrush, I decided to give a try to this bamboo wooden paddle brush ($3.00). I hurried to try it when I got home and I absolutely love how it is super gentle on hair and it is also really lightweight!

I figured out this pack of 6 elastic headbands ($1.00) could always come in handy, especially in the summer on those super hot and humid days when you definitely do not want hair in your face. I picked a pack of neutral colors so they would blend with my hair and I could wear them with any outfit.

As for the baby wipes, they had some Huggies ones for $2 or $3 but there was only 60 wipes in the pack if I remember well, so I figured out I would give a try to these Fluffs Supreme Baby Wipes ($1.50), which contain 75  unscented wipes with contain aloe vera. After trying them, I wish I had picked the Huggies ones instead... these are far from thick and soft, as claimed on the package - they tear apart within seconds and they are not really gentle on my Topical Steroid Withdrawal skin. They will do for now, but next time, I will try those highly raved about Kirkland wipes from Costco instead.

Did you find any treasures in your local dollar store recently?

2 comments:

  1. J'ai pris ma tasse Mason au Canadian Tire pour 2$. J'ai vu celle du dollo, mais il y avait juste une mauve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ironic that you weren't a fan of the one item you actually set out to get. That mason mug is super cute!

    ReplyDelete