July 22, 2014

Project Pan Them All | May/June Empties


I did not forget about my May empties but at the time, I was in a very rough phase in topical steroid withdrawal and I was lacking the strength to even get out of bed, so imagine writing a blog post... but anyway, I am better now - although absolutely not healed - so let's be productive!

Baby wipes have been a much needed staple for me for about two months now, since I could not even tolerate showers or baths when TSW was really bad - until recently, actually! Even now, I am very careful to not shower or bath everyday to not irritate my sensitive skin. Personnelle Baby Wipes are OK I guess - better than those incredibly cheap ones from Dollarama - although I recently switched for Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes which are amazingly thick, soft and fluffy - definitely the best I have ever tried!

Sea salt is recommended during TSW as it is great to dry ooze and disinfect the skin, and Aurora Mediterranean Fine Sea Salts was definitely amazing during the first super rough months, where I was literally living in the tub!

Since I can't use skincare products during TSW, I decided I would take great care of my hair instead. I always love Marc Anthony haircare products, and the Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Treatment is no exception! I only need one small drop for my shoulder-length hair for soft, smooth, shiny and tangle-free hair, and it doesn't leave greasy residue.

I used to be a big fan of the texture of SPAresource Cream with Shea Butter but then I realized they were not really doing any good to my hand eczema, and I got sick of the overly sweet and chemical scent - Sweet Tangerine is no exception.

I am glad to have used up a bunch of lipbalms these past months! Since doing moisturizer withdrawal as part of TSW, lipbalms are the only moisturizing product I allow myself to use, although I recently decided to try to not use them for a bit to see if there was any natural improvement on my dry and cracked lips. My favorite of the bunch is definitely MJ's Soap Shop Cherry Lip Balm, although I also loved EthicBioskin Nourishing and Regenerating Lip Care and My Lip Stuff Lip Balm. The Body Shop Chocomania Lip Butter actually burned my lips (?!) and the Figs & Rouge Rambling Rose 100% Organic Natural Balm dried up.

I found that conditioner from a box of John Frieda  Precision Foam Colour in Deep Cherry Brown I had used a long time ago that I totally forgot about! These conditioners are usually so-so (although I did not like the results of the hair dye!)

2 comments:

  1. On vend du sel aurora au magasin ou je travaille et jpensais men achetet pour mes piercings, mais pour linstant je prend le nettoyant de chez Marcelle, ma pierceuse ma dit tant quil y a pas de parfum ca devrait faire :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love empties posts :) great blog

    http://lady-caramelo.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete