Here are classic pieces and fits for every body type and a break down of what styles work best for each body type:
Staples for Every Closet:
First things first, all clothing looks and fits better when you are wearing the appropriate undergarments. Finding great fitting designer bras can dramatically transform your body, your confidence, and your clothing.
With a few basics in your closets, you can create stylish outfits for every day of the week:
- Black Blazer: This classic piece can be used as a formal piece, business attire, or as casual elegance.
- Scarf: A neutral scarf in cream, pale pink, or a chevron print completes any look. -Nude Pumps: Perfect for any occasion, nude pumps are the quintessential shoe every woman’s closet should include.
- Great Jeans: A great pair of jeans is a staple every woman should have. They can be worn with flats, heels, or boots, and usually bring out a woman’s confidence.
- Button Down Shirt: A fitted, neutral button down shirt can be worn with slacks, under a blazer, tucked into a pencil skirt, or even shorts for a casual look.
- Trousers: A timeless piece, trousers are flattering to the leg, and perfect for business or an evening out.
If you tend to gain weight around the middle, or if you have a few extra post-pregnancy pounds you’re looking to hide, the best types of clothing are loose-fitting shirts and dresses around the midsection and tighter fitting clothing elsewhere to emphasize the areas you are more confident about. Try to avoid any clothing that draws attention to the middle like high-waisted pants.
This shape is usually defined by the shoulders and the torso being narrower than the hips. In order to flatter your shape, avoid shapeless, oversized sweaters, skinny jeans or any pant style that accentuate your hips negatively, and skirts and dresses in an unflattering fabric like silk. Finding the right clothing to highlight your body will help you to feel more confident and ready for the day ahead.
An hourglass shape, as made famous by Marilyn Monroe, is typically an ample chest size and a narrow waist with full hips. This curvy body type shows off your feminine shape, but you will want to be careful that you wear clothes that work with your natural curves
instead of against them. Avoid shapeless styles like tunics or oversized cardigans, for they are not particularly flattering.
This straight-up-and-down figure is often considered boyish. In order to emphasize a feminine waist, opt for styles that fit close to your middle but are paired with a skirt or pair of paints that flare out.
Interested in being a guest blogger? Please let me know!