Quantcast

April 25, 2014

Project Pan Them All | March Empties


I really loved LUSH Buche de Noel but when I started topical steroid withdrawal, it quickly became too harsh to use on my poor sore face because of the exfoliating ground almonds. I put it away for a bit and when I remembered about it, it had spoiled. I still could not get over the strange seaweed scent though...

Since starting TSW, my skin could not tolerate any moisturizer so I looked for natural alternatives, and I realized it was the time to give another chance to coconut oil. Which I did by using Adara Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, but it did not work wonders - my skin is so raw and sensitive that it just won't tolerate anything - which brought me to start the MW (moisturizer withdrawal) process. The same goes for SBT Seabuckthorn Soothing Salve for Eczema & Dermatitis, which is also 100% natural.

I received a sample of Spa Ritual Close Your Eyes Body Organic Moisturizing Lotion when I attended the Unveiling of Diamond Spa's New Spa Space. I chose to use it solely on my feet since it was not moisturizing enough for my body.

I found samples of Cetaphil RESTORADERM Skin Restoring Body Wash* in magazines some times ago and only recently remembered about them and decided to use them on my poor raw TSW skin - foolish erro! Despite being labelled as soap-free cleanser that cleanses and rinses without irritation to soothe the dry, itchy skin associated with atopic dermatitis, this thing burned like hell! I had to wash it away the moment it touched my skin!

got the original Carmex Lip Balm for $1.98 at Walmart about two years ago and I got a bunch of 100% Natural Lip Balms for $1 each at a Dollar Tree in Wildwood. Even though I actually really like them both, I am glad to be done with them now since I have so much more lipbalms to go through. I used them up recently because since undergoing TSW, lipbalms are the only moisturizing product I allow myself to use - it is believed that stopping the use of moisturizers as well speed up the healing process since you are not clogging it and keeping it wet, thus allowing your skin to renew itself and heal naturally. I noticed an immense relief since I stopped using moisturizers.

*Please not that this product is NOT cruelty-free

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gaby, as tu réussis à contrôler ton eczema avec quelque chose ?

    ReplyDelete