Quantcast

December 20, 2012

Tag | Christmas!

(image: weheartit)

It seems that a few years ago, I stopped being really excited for Christmas and I don't really know why. My family has never been very close - we barely see each other more than once a year and we have to have a reason to justify this - and I guess, since we are not kids anymore, my cousins and I grew apart and now, it's always a bit awkward when we see each other. 

At around 15 or 16 years old, my brothers and I stopped following our parents around to what was boring family parties to us, but deep inside, I think this is what I miss most. Sure, my friends and I like to have a Christmas party and get drunk, but it's just not the same. Since my parents got a divorce a bit over a year ago, I don't get to see my father's family anymore - and I don't really care - but we don't see my mother's parents very often either. 

Since I am living with my mother and my little brother, our tradition since last Christmas is to host a dinner at our place or at my other brother's place and party all night, which is what I am really looking forward to on December 24. In the meantime, I have seen this tag on quite a few blogs and it's just so festive that I had to do it! 

(image: weheartit)

1. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
I think it is the decorations that cheer me up and put me in the mood the most! I am especially fond of "fairy lights" - the coloured lights are fun and scream "Christmas!" while the white ones are more classy and I personally like to keep some all year round in my room because they just cheer me up without being too festive. Of course, another favorite thing of mine about Christmas are the family and friends gatherings where we party all night long!

2. What is your favourite make up look for the festive season?
I was thinking red lips, maybe with a dark smokey eye? Oh and glitters and sparkles, definitely! Come on, it's Christmas after all!

3. Real or fake tree?
I can't remember if we ever had a real tree, maybe when I was young but I think they are too much trouble since they loose their needles everywhere and I personally think it's sad to simply throw it away when Christmas is over!

4. Giving or receiving presents?
Let's be honest here - who does not like receiving presents? I am not the best at picking the perfect present for everyone so I usually go by general things such as beauty products and sometimes even gift cards! I don't like how Christmas is now mostly all about presents - we should not stress over such a silly thing and just enjoy our time with our loved ones.

(image: weheartit)

5. Do you open your presents in the morning or evening?
My brothers and I have always opened our presents on Christmas Eve in the evening because it was always special for us to be allowed to stay up all night, playing with our new "toys"! We tried to hold on until Christmas morning but we all agreed that it's just not as special.

6. Handmade or bought Christmas cards?
Handmade cards are always more special and my mother really makes the best ones though - she creates a unique collage with all these cute pictures she finds in magazines in every card!

7. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I don't have a favorite Christmas film, I have never been a huge fan of movies. The Grinch was quite funny though!

8. What is your favourite Christmas food? 
I don't have one, except for my grandmother's desserts! I always hated turkey and ham and I have never been a big fan of tourtière either (a meat pie often made with pork very popular in Québec during the Christmas holidays). In my family, we have never really followed the traditional meals and we almost always ordered some chinese! My favorite part of Christmas dinner are always desserts anyway. Now that I am a vegetarian, I will probably cook my specialty - vegetarian tortilla lasagna!

(image: Pinterest)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your having your big holiday dinner this year! All my family seemed to die out on us, me and my 2 brothers, mother and an aunt is all that's left. I know what you mean. I will try to do this tag at a later time. XOOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner sounds like it will be fun!
    We don't see the rest of our extended family either at Christmas-everyone lives too far away and it's just too expensive to travel at this time of year.
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolies les photos !
    En tout cas joyeuses fêtes !
    Ca serait vraiment cool de retrouver l'engouement qu'on avait pour cette fête, quand on était petits !

    ReplyDelete